The Shell (formerly The Cinder)

James Pryde

(Edinburgh, 1866 - Kensington, London, 1941)

The Shell (formerly The Cinder)


1908
122 x 105.4 cm (48 x 41 ¹/₂ inches)

Provenance:
Commissioned from the artist by Annie Pearson (1860-1932), 1st Viscountess Cowdray, and by descent at Dunecht House, Aberdeenshire, to 2019

Exhibited:
London, Goupil Gallery, Goupil Gallery Salon, 1908, no 16.
London, Arts Council of Great Britain, Decade 1910-20, no. 7.
London, The Fleming Collection, Rascals and Ruins: The Romantic Vision of James Pryde, 12th September - 16th December 2006, no. 47.