Callum Inness(Edinburgh, 1962)
Exposed Painting (Veronese Green), 2005
- Acquired from Frith Street Gallery, 2005
- Edinburgh, The Fruitmarket Gallery, Callum Innes – From Memory, 30 September-19 November 2006
- Oxford, Modern Art Museum, Callum Innes – From Memory, 13 February 2007 – 15 April 2007
- Cambridge, Kettles Yard, Callum Innes – From Memory, 28 July – 23 September 2007
- Sydney, Museum of Contemporary Art, Callum Innes – From Memory, 27 November 2007 – 17 February 2008
Callum Innes is one of Scotland’s most prominent contemporary artists. He studied at Gray’s School of Art in Aberdeen and then at Edinburgh College of Art. He was shortlisted for the Turner Prize in 1995 and received the Jerwood Painting Prize in 2002. He lives and works in Edinburgh.
Innes works in series and his paintings are the result of a process that involves the repeated removal as well as application of paint.
(Tokyo, Japan, 1890 - Norwalk, Connecticut, 1946)
Night Maintenance, Corsair, April 1944